1. MEMBERSHIP - Each angler must be a paid member of Bad Bass Boys to compete in any event. All angers must be a member of Bad Bass Boys to compete
2. ANGLERS MUST:
- Fish from the boat and not leave the boat to land fish or to make the boat more accessible to fishing waters.
- Use common sense & courtesy when near other boats. (A good cast distance, from both boats, is a good rule of thumb.)
- Catch fish live and in a conventional manner using one line per angler. Live bait and trolling are PROHIBITED. Only artificial lures may be used with the exception of pork trailers.
- Wear life vests when the large motor is in operation and moving.
- No passing another boat through marked “No Wake” areas.
- Obey all state fishing regulations. (Violation WILL result in disqualification)
- Obey all Bad Bass Boys rules. (Violation WILL result in disqualification)
- Never use alcohol or illegal drugs during events. If deemed intoxicated, by the director, your team will not fish.
- Practice courtesy and professionalism at all times.
- Landing nets can be used in the following: League, Summer Series, and Fall Series.
- River events on border waters ALL State rules and regulations apply.
- During weather events - Safety is the upmost importance - please leave the water or seek shelter without penalty.
- Bio breaks are allowed without penalty
- Remain casting distance away from other boats and all angers
Tournament Series: NOT allowed 2 days prior and the day of the event. Penalty will result in a Zero (0) weight for that event. For clarifications - event is on Saturday - lake is off limits Thursday, Friday and Saturday for pre fishing.
League Series: NOT Allowed (1) Day Prior to the event. Tuesday prior to the event is the last practice day
4. WEIGH-IN: using pounds and tenths.
a. BIG BASS – Each Angler/Team can weigh one (1) fish for big bass.
- 1st tie breaker- all fish alive
- 2nd tie breaker- total # of fish
- 3rd tie breaker- big fish
- 4th tie breaker- coin toss
- Short Fish (under 12”): 1 lb. *Note: Once your bag is given to the Director it becomes official.
- Dead Fish: 4oz - .25
- Late to weigh-in: 1 lb. per minute.
5. POSSESSION LIMIT: 5 fish in possession, unless otherwise specified. Exceeding the limit is grounds for disqualification.
6. OFF LIMITS: Is defined as; in accordance with Federal, State, and local laws/ordinances. The Director may announce areas as “off limits” during the safety briefing. There are NO “off limits” times for any event.
7. Bad Bass Boys Tournament Directors will make the final judgment on all violations.
8. Rules subject to change so ensure you attend the pre-tournament meeting.
9. LIABILITY RELEASE: By entering any Bad Bass Boys event, you release all agents, officers, employees, sponsors and government agencies from any and all damage claims and/or costs, relating to injury to any person or property which may sustain or be caused in connection with an event. You are required to have full insurance. Competing in any event the angler is responsible and releases any and all liability of members of Bad Bass Boys.
10. Boat and Motor
- No minimum or maximum horse power
- No restrictions on boat length
- Working kill switch
- Working live well